Friday, August 24, 2012

Creepy White Van

Yes, JUST, like the ones in the movies (and sometimes real life). Okay, so I probably shouldn't be blogging about something like this, but I just can't deal anymore. I just wish someone would clarify something for me: What exactly constitutes an inappropriate relationship? What are the limits? I know what the law states about all of it, but really, what are the limits?! Where can I draw the line?? Because honestly, I don't think that everyone has one. Like, seriously. (Speaking about relationships makes me feel like a certain Carrie Bradshaw, but ironically her column was about sex, relationships and promiscuity, when my topic in this post is completely the opposite) I don't really know any way to sugar coat this topic and the only reason I'm talking about it in the first place is because I'm getting grey hair because of this. I know someone who is playing with fire. I didn't know it was this serious till tonight, and didn't give it much thought because I thought that his maturity level was higher on the scale (OBVI, not so much). One of my friends is getting involved with someone much younger than us. She is one of our other friends little siblings. And this wouldn't sound as bad or even be as bigger a deal if their age difference was not as severe. She hasn't even turned fourteen and in a couple weeks he's hitting twenty. Now before you start freaking out like I did when he swore me to secrecy, just try and process the information for a bit, then see if you can justify the situation like he tries to. Saying things like, "she's mature for her age" and "blah blah blah". That's really all I hear because the way I see it, all this, is so, so WRONG. Let me know people, because this can't just be me. I love both of them dearly and haven't spoken to the younger counter part because I feel like the one who should know better is him. And let me tell you a little about him, he's a kind soul and sometimes he's immature for HIS age (which by the way is another argument I've heard. As if this somehow evens out the scale: she's more mature, he's less so viola! Um, not in MY book). But anyway, I don't think that he's in this for the wrong reasons. Trying to do inappropriate things with her or anything, but I just don't think he fully understands the degree of seriousness of the situation. And at this point I don't know what else I can say to make him stop. I know he thinks he has some kind of connection with her but I just can not believe that. They're at completely different points in their lives and there's no way that they can have a mature, concrete, intimate relationship. There's just no way. I just don't know how to get it through his head, especially because as I stated before, he should be knowing better. And I know he does but he's choosing not to. He's betraying her family's trust and the trust of all those around him for something that I know will not end well and probably won't last either. And I just don't know what to do because I care for the youngster like a sister and I feel that she's investing way more in this than he is, due to her age and to the fact that this is her real first encounter with a boy (or man, but I'll say boy because saying man makes me too uncomfortable) so I know that when this all ends (because I know that it won't last) she'll be devastated. And I will feel bad when the day comes. But I think I've done all I can do, aside from telling on them, which would not be my place, unless I found out that things got more serious than this, then I think I would be forced to. I just needed to get this off my chest to someone, so what better way to do so, right?! I just hope that things don't escalate any further than this and that reason hits them faster than word around the block travels. Sigh, that is all. Any words of wisdom? Don't be afraid to let me know. Love you all and thank you for letting me bear my soul. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment